The tragic statistics are that 1500 pastors leave the ministry each month due to moral failure, spiritual burnout, or contention in their churches. 4000 new churches open each year, but over seven thousand established churches close.
* 50% of pastors’ marriages end in divorce.
* 50% of pastors are so discouraged, they would leave the ministry if they could, but have no other way to make a living.
* 80% of seminary and Bible school graduates who enter the ministry leave the ministry within the first five years.
* 80% of pastors’ spouses wish their spouse would choose another profession. The majority of pastor’s wives surveyed said that the most destructive event that has occurred in their marriage and family was the day they entered the ministry.
* 70% of pastors constantly fight depression.
Without a move of God, these numbers are unlikely to change for the better. Pastors often say they know there are people praying for them, but what is often lacking is unity and strategy.
The Roman army was able to conquer much of the known world because of their unique strategy against the Barbarians. While both armies had the same weapons and armor, Read more »