Declarations aren’t about convincing God of anything. They are about convincing ourselves of God’s Word and His truth about us. Satan unceasingly speaks his lies to us and if we don’t have a solid foundational understanding of who God is and how He feels/thinks about us, we can easily fall for his trap.
We also don’t declare them in a frivolous, flippant or arrogant way. It is humbling to consider the God of the universe who created all things actually loves, intimately cares for and desires relationship with me.
Make these declarations regularly. Put them on your mirror and say them in the morning as you get ready for your day. My son has some declarations he’s taped to the steering wheel of his car, his bedroom door and on the bathroom mirror. Consider where you can post these ones to encourage you throughout your day.
1. Through Jesus, I am 100% loved and worthy to receive all of God’s blessings (Galatians 3:1-5, Ephesians 1:3)
2. I am dead to sin and alive to obeying God (Romans 6:11)
3. God is on my side today and therefore I cannot be defeated (Romans 8:37; Psalms 91)
4. I have the wisdom of God today for the situations I will face (1 Corinthians 2:16)
5. I choose life today (Deuteronomy 30:19)
Here’s a declaration I formed a few years ago that I still love to declare:
I love my life! I was created to be a blessing. I will love, give, honor and serve my family, my friends, my enemies and everyone whose life I touch, by God’s grace and for His glory.
(In case you’re wondering, I don’t know of any person or people I would personally consider “enemies” and so I still don’t know why I felt prompted to include it, other than it might be necessary to have that written on my heart in the future in the face of persecution.)