Did you eat today? Drink clean water? Sleep in warmth last night? Be thankful! Over 1 billion people don’t have access to clean water or struggle with basic necessities we often take for granted. We can give money, but it alone won’t solve the problems faced by so many. Often corrupt government officials prevent resources from reaching the people who need it most.
December 12th is a day to remember, reflect and pray for the poor and suffering. Here’s a list of prayer points from Convoy of Hope to prayer through or you can join The International House of Prayer in Kansas City from 10am-4pm, worshipping, praying and interceding. Maybe consider a fast as you experience what some feel on a daily basis.
Let’s pray that…
- Christians to be more aware of the needs in our world – especially in the 10/40 Window – and of the Lord’s heart for those in poverty. (The Bible, Psalm 140:12)
- Christian humanitarian agencies to reach those who are suffering with aid and the Gospel. Pray for corrupt officials to be exposed and removed. (The Bible, Psalm 9:16)
- the Lord to provide hope, encouragement, and physical provisions to those who are impoverished.(The Bible, Job 5:16)
- the impoverished to receive salvation, justice, clean water, shelter, food, medicine, education, and job opportunities. (The Bible, Psalm 72:4)
- the poor to be used by God to usher His Kingdom into their nations. (The Bible, Matthew 6:10)
- the Gospel to be preached to the poor and for their suffering to be relieved. (The Bible, Isaiah 61:1)
Join thousands of Christians on December 12 (and every day!) in interceding for those in need!