The tragic statistics are that 1500 pastors leave the ministry each month due to moral failure, spiritual burnout, or contention in their churches. 4000 new churches open each year, but over seven thousand established churches close.
* 50% of pastors’ marriages end in divorce.
* 50% of pastors are so discouraged, they would leave the ministry if they could, but have no other way to make a living.
* 80% of seminary and Bible school graduates who enter the ministry leave the ministry within the first five years.
* 80% of pastors’ spouses wish their spouse would choose another profession. The majority of pastor’s wives surveyed said that the most destructive event that has occurred in their marriage and family was the day they entered the ministry.
* 70% of pastors constantly fight depression.
Without a move of God, these numbers are unlikely to change for the better. Pastors often say they know there are people praying for them, but what is often lacking is unity and strategy.
The Roman army was able to conquer much of the known world because of their unique strategy against the Barbarians. While both armies had the same weapons and armor, it was how they used it that made the difference. Using their shields together and following their leader’s command, the Romans were able to function as a team or unit, more easily overcoming their adversaries.
In the last year and a half, we’ve seen God move in incredible ways in our region as teams have formed around pastors, using a strategic model where each day of the week intercessors are fasting and praying for them. In addition, each intercessor is receiving prayer coverage, just like the overlapping shields in the Roman army. Its not just about protecting the pastor, but about advancing God’s kingdom.
This model has also been used for business leaders and other ministries with God-honoring results. Tired of fighting the battle alone? Learn more about this model at: www.intercessorsworkshop.com. Or if you are in the area, our next “live” workshop is June 8, 10-11:30am at The Rock of Roseville, 725 Vernon St, Roseville, Ca 95678. Hope to see you there!